150 selected international young leaders are invited to participate in the World Village Conference in Purwakarta, Indonesia. WvC 2016 is an event to celebrate village ecosystem, packed with inspiring speakers, skill-building programme and a variety of exciting opportunities.
The participants will get involved in workshops and discussion with international prominent speakers, home-stay and knowledge sharing with the locals in Purwakarta, and networking dinner with industry and business stakeholders.
Applicants must be between 17-30 years old, have experience in village development and can include-
- University students around the world who have understanding on village-based economy, agriculture, culture-based economy or any field related to village-industry.
- NGO representatives who have experience or deep enthusiasm on village development and village-based industry.
- Researchers or academicians who have knowledge and can add value on developing village economy while preserving its culture.
- Business owners or professionals who are interested in investing in Purwakarta village industry.
Applicants must also be members of (or affiliated with) non-government and non-for-profit youth-ed organizations, networks, initiatives or movements (led by youth for the benefit of youth) and have the ability to consult with and reach a wider group of young people, audience or network.
A fluent understanding of English is required, and all applicants must hold an international passport valid until at least November 30, 2016.
Purwakarta Regency will cover:
- Hotel, meals, and accommodation.
- Transportation from and to airport and the venue in Purwakarta.