Students from around the world can now register for the Valeo Innovation Challenge 2016! Put your creativity, skills and determination to work by innovating to make the car of 2030 and the way it’s used more intelligent, greener, more intuitive and more fun! Two €100,000 prizes are up for grabs, so surprise us with your boldness, innovation and originality! The Valeo Innovation Challenge is part of Valeo’s innovation strategy, supported by the company’s annual Research and Development budget of over €1 billion.
The selection criteria for projects includes
- Bold, innovative and original idea of the project (“Best Innovation” category / “Best Idea for a new way to use cars” category);
- Challenges and relevance of the problem dealt with and factoring in of society’s expectations;
- Knowledge of technical / related matters;
- Feasibility and construction of proof of concept;
- Quality of presentation.
- The contest is open to students worldwide who have completed their high school education, with one entry per person (same name and same e-mail address).
- Contest entrants must be able to travel outside their country of residence and possess, by October 2016, a passport that is still valid for six months after the date scheduled for the prize giving (October 2016).
- Each team leader must plan to collate all of the original banking information and documents that will be required prior to payment of the financial support in phase 2 – creation of proof of concept
The following people may not enter the contest:
- employees of the organizer, of any company that it controls, that controls it or that is under joint control with it, and their children.
- people who have been involved in organizing the contest, and their children.
- people who have a conflict of interest (especially interns and apprentices still working for the company).
A first prize of €100,000 will be awarded on completion of the contest in each of the following categories:
- The innovation prize for the best technological innovation
- The idea prize for new ways of using the car
The second prize for each in these two categories is €10,000.
The prizes will be awarded towards the end of October 2016 in Paris, France
How to Enter
- Create a team of 2 to 5 students from any discipline and register here.
- Each team shall designate a team leader to represent it who would handle communication with Valeo
- Come up with a technology to improve the car of the future,
- Write a 5-page project description (you may include photos and diagrams) in English and submit it by 12 noon CET on January 15, 2016