The Japan Media Arts Festival is an annual festival held by Japan’s Agency for Cultural Affairs.
During the festival, awards are given in four divisions:
• Art – interactive art, media installations, video works, video installations, graphic art, internet art, media performances, etc.
• Entertainment – games, video / sound works, multimedia productions, gadgets, electronic devices, websites, application software, etc.
• Animation – animated feature films, animated short films, animated series, etc.
• Manga – comics published in book form, comics published in a magazine, comics published online, self-published comics, etc.
Works must be completed or released between September 10, 2015, and September 9, 2016.
For each division, a Grand Prize, Excellence Awards, and New Face Awards will be awarded.
• Grand Prize: 600,000 ¥
• Excellence Award: 300,000 ¥
• New Face Award: 200,000 ¥