Applications are now open for the 2017 Alfa Fellowship Program. The Alfa Fellowship is a distinguished professional development program placing accomplished young professionals in work assignments at leading organizations in the fields of business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, and related areas in Russia.
The program offers up to 18 accomplished young Americans, Britons, and Germans the opportunity to complete a high-level professional development program in Russia. Over the course of the program, Fellows complete work placements at leading institutions, attend professional seminars, and receive intensive language training. The Fellowship provides a monthly stipend, accommodation, insurance, all program-related travel costs, language training in Russia, and private tutoring in the U.S., U.K., or Germany.
Drawing upon extensive contacts throughout industry, media, public, and nonprofit organizations in Russia, the Alfa Fellowship Program works together with the fellows to identify suitable work placements at leading institutions.
The Alfa Fellowship Program endeavors to secure positions that meet the interests of both the fellows and host institutions. Fellows’ progress is closely monitored by the Fund for International Fellowships and Cultural Dialogue in Moscow.
In addition to individualized professional assignments, the Alfa Fellowship Program includes:
- Four-month Russian language tutoring program in the U.S., U.K., or Germany
- Four-month Russian language course in Moscow
- Orientation seminar in Washington, D.C., with accommodation and roundtrip travel
- Housing in Moscow for the duration of the program
- Moscow seminar program
- Generous monthly stipend
- Three regional excursions throughout Russia and one to a neighboring country
- Limited international health, accident, and liability insurance