Applications are invited for WAAW Foundation 2017 scholarship. These scholarships are available for African women to study as full-time students in a STEM-related course at a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa.
Study Subjects: The scholarship is awarded in the field of Agriculture, Aircraft engineering, Architecture, Bio Medical, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil engineering and urbanism, Computer Science, Construction technology and management , Economics, Electronics Engineering, Engineering Agriculture, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Industrial Chemistry, IT, Math related fields, Natural Science, Pharmacy, Physics, Science related fields, Statistics, Technology, Zoology.
WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education. Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility includes:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa;
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S.degree program;
- Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa;
- Demonstrable financial need, and;
- Excellent Academic Record;
- Below the age of 32 years;
- Graduation date is after December of award year.
Scholarship recipients receive an award of $500 for the 2016 academic year, or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Prior scholarship recipient may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.