Applications are now accepted for students to attend the 9th Clinton Global Initiative University (CGI-U) at UC Berkely. CGI U brings together undergraduate and graduate students to address pressing challenges in their communities and around the world. It focuses on the distinct potential that young people and higher educational institutions have to make a difference on their campuses and around the world.
President Clinton and Chelsea Clinton will host the ninth annual CGI U meeting from April 1-3, 2016 at the University of California, Berkeley in the San Francisco Bay Area. More than $750,000 in funding will be available to select CGI U 2016 students through the University Network and other opportunities to help them turn their ideas into action.
- Students interested in attending CGI U can apply as either an individual or a group of three.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older and enrolled in an institution of higher education at the time of the CGI U meeting in order to apply.
- All applicants are required to design a Commitment to Action in one of CGI U’s five focus areas:
- Environment and Climate Change
- Peace and Human Rights
- Poverty Alleviation
- Public Health
How to Apply
- In order to apply to attend the CGI U meeting, each student must develop and submit a Commitment to Action. There are three criteria for Commitments to Action:
- New: Each commitment must be a new initiative, or an expansion of an existing effort that focuses on a different geographic area, works with new partners, or shifts in focus or scope.
- Specific: Each commitment must address a specific challenge with a defined course of action and detailed objectives.
- Measurable: Each commitment should achieve measurable results that can be reported back to CGI U.
- Once you’ve developed your Commitment to Action, formally submit your application. We strongly encourage you to draft your commitment offline before you apply, and keep a record of it in case you experience any technical difficulties when applying online.
Cost and Benefits
The meeting is free to attend, but you are responsible for your travel and lodging expenses. However, to be considered for travel assistance, you must apply by October 16, 2015.
The early decision and travel assistance deadline for CGI U 2016 is October 16, 2015. The final application deadline for CGI U 2016 is December 1, 2015. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.