Did you know that food security is one of the biggest issues related to climate change? The Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations wants to see your ideas, thoughts and actions! Produce a video no longer than 1 minute and tell them about the issue, or even better, present a solution on how to feed our growing population in a changing climate. You don’t need any professional equipment – videos can be shot on your smartphone or tablet.
Upload your video to YouTube adding the hashtag #WFD2016VideoContest to the title and don’t forget to also fill out the form provided to be in with a chance to win. Two winners will be selected, one by a jury and the other based on the number of views or likes on YouTube.
- The winning videos will be announced on October 14, 2016, the official celebration of World Food Day in Rome, on the World Food Day website, FAO social media channels, and promoted by FAO partners and the media;
- The shortlisted videos will feature in an exhibit at FAO headquarters held during World Food Week (October 10-14, 2016). They may also be distributed to media and published on a variety of web and social media platforms;
- A Certificate of Recognition, and a surprise gift bag will also be sent to the winners;
- In the event that any of the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible in accordance with these Contest rules and/or the General Rules, Copyright and Privacy, cannot be traced, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and it will be in the sole discretion of the Jury to choose whether to award the prize to another eligible entry;
- When the winning videos are published, the name of the producer, as it appears on YouTube, and country of origin will be stated. No other personal information about the Contestants will be published or shared.