The competition is organised by Takayama City, Japan.
Since ancient times, the culture of Hida Takayama has been intimately connected with the surrounding forests. One of the popular artistic traditions that our region has given birth to is known as Hida Woodblock-Prints. Although based on traditional techniques passed down over generations, this art form allows for limitless creative expression. Hida Takayama Contemporary Woodblock-Prints Triennale invites both domestic and international artists to showcase their technical innovation and creativity.
Each artist may submit up to two pieces of artwork.
Type of print: woodblock-print (if combined with other materials, the main element must involve woodblock-print). Digital printing is not permitted.
Artwork must be created after 2015.
2,000 yen per piece of artwork
• Grand prize (1 winner): 500,000 yen
• Semi-grand prize (1 winner): 300,000 yen
• Award of excellence (1 winner): 200,000 yen
• Encouragement award (5 winners): 50,000 yen
• Hida Woodblock-Print prize (1 winner): 50,000 yen
• Cosponsors’ prize (6 winners): 30,000 yen