Applications for the IDEX 2016 fellowships- July cycle is currently open! Aspiring social leaders from across the world are invited to apply to become one of the next IDEX Fellows. This program brings together a select number of individuals to take part in six-months of intrapreneurial leadership training across India. Fellows gain emerging market experience while working hands on with socially-focused enterprises who deliver high impact solutions in local and global communities.
Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications to be eligible for the IDEX Fellowship:
- Bachelor or Masters/Graduate Degree (BS/BA/BBA must be obtained prior to start of program);
- Age limit: 21-35 years old
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment;
- English fluency (written and spoken);
- Ability to legally work in India for six months (IDEX will provide more information on the business visa application process).
- Minimum of 1-3 years of professional work experience;
- Excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal).
Awards:- Funding/Scholarship Opportunities
Through generous funding from IDEX donors and partners,there are a few scholarships available.
- IDEX Scholarship Fund: $500- $2,000
IDEX provides partial scholarships for select fellows seeking to participate in the IDEX Accelerator program. Funding is merit-based and awarded to the most promising candidates who demonstrate a commitment and passion to continue working in the social enterprise sector post fellowship. This application is open to all global applicants.
- Investwise Scholarship Fun: $3,500
As part of our commitment to investing in the transformation power of women’s leadership, IDEX has launched the INVESTWISE Scholarship Fund with the goal of empowering and training future women intrapreneurs. Funding is awarded to the most promising candidates who demonstrate a commitment to continue working for a socially progressive enterprise post-fellowship. This scholarship award is restricted to female applicants only and requires a letter of recommendation from a mentor.
- Crowdfunding Your Tuition
IDEX has formed a partnership with Indigogo to make it easier for fellows to fundraise for their fellowship. Indigogo allows fellows to create a personal fundraising page where you can direct family, friends and supporters and sponsors. To date, IDEX fellows have fundraised more than $40,000 from supporters.