The 2016 International Assembly of Youth for UNESCO (Y4U) aims to gather at least 300 youth organizations and leaders working on the ideals of UNESCO and provide an avenue for sharing of best practices, ideas and promote collaborations for the championing of SDGs at the grassroots level.
Y4U happening this 20-23 September 2016 aims to specifically:
- Initiate discussions on the sustainable development goals intertwined with the national, regional and global scenario;
- Craft assembly resolutions that are specific for each of UNESCO’s main lines of work and are focused on realistic and measurable initiatives in areas of education, science & technology, human & social sciences, culture, and information & communication;
- Provide avenue for sharing of best practices which organizations may emulate, innovate and/or adopt; as well as avenues for networking, academic and non-academic competitions, all towards improving camaraderie and social inclusion.
- International networking and benchmarking with youth-oriented organizations;
- Meeting experts relevant to SDGs;
- Getting your community development projects presented in an international conference.