KU Leuven offers travel grants to researchers from the South. The grants are meant to help the researchers pay for a research visit to Belgium. The programme is funded from the KU Leuven Development Cooperation budget, which is managed by the Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation (IRO). IRO will also select the candidates.
- With this programme, KU Leuven wishes to stimulate South-North exchanges.
- The programme intends to offer new opportunities to researchers.
- It is meant to stimulate capacity-building in the South.
Grants will include:
- a monthly allowance of € 1,500
- a plane ticket (with a maximum of € 1,200)
- insurance coverage during the stay in Leuven.