Grafia (Association of Professional Graphic Designers in Finland) organises the new Poster competition titled Lahti International Poster Triennial together with the Lahti Poster Museum.
There are four categories in which you can participate:
• Cultural, ideological and social posters
• Environmental posters (Lauri Tarasti Prize)
• Posters by the theme Independence, category for students and designers under 30 years: 2017 the Republic of Finland celebrates its 100th anniversary of independence. What does the word “independence” mean to you?
• Commercial posters
The print technique of the posters accepted for the exhibition can be freely selected in all categories.
All submited posters must have been designed after 1 December 2013.
The size of the poster shall be A4, RGB model, resolution 300 dpi. Minimum size: 60 x 42 cm. Maximum size: 180 x 120 cm.
An artist or a group of artists may submit a maximum of 2 posters.
The posters to be exhibited will be selected by the organizing committee. The prize winning posters will be selected by the International Jury.
Prizes will be awarded to posters meeting high requirements with regard to creativity, originality, aesthetic quality and communicative function.
The submitted posters shall be sent in digital form to the web address www.postertriennial2017.fi from 1 August until 30 November 2016.
Entry fees:- for this Poster competition is 20 Euro, that’s approximatly 22 USD.
Grand Prix 3500 €
– First prize, Grafia Tapani Aartomaa Prix 3000 €
– Second prize, Lahti Prix 1700 €
– The Lauri Tarasti prize 3000 €
– Independence Posters prize 2000 €
– Certificates of honour
The jury may also grant other prizes.