A Competition for tech-driven solutions that address the most pressing problems of the refugee crisis #CracktheCrisis
Founded in 2005, the MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab is one of the 28 worldwide chapters of the MIT Enterprise Forum Global, an avid promoter of entrepreneurship and innovation worldwide.
The MIT Enterprise Forum- Pan Arab has a proven record in promoting MIT-style entrepreneurship by organizing:
MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab (MITEF Pan Arab) and the Zain Group have launched the “Innovate for Refugees” global competition, supported by the UN High Commissioner For Refugees (UNHCR) and Jusoor, in honour of World Refugee Day. The aim of the competition is to find and reward tech-driven cutting-edge solutions that address the most acute challenges faced by refugees.
By participating in the IFR Competition, entrepreneurs will benefit on several levels: social reward by helping to alleviate the burden faced by refugees, financial reward through the prizes being offered, regional and international exposure through the media coverage that the IFR competition will be generating as well as credibility to their project if it becomes recognised by MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab, a reputable brand name in the region and beyond.
- Four prizes of $20,000 each will be awarded to the most innovative solutions that effectively tackle challenges faced by refugees.
- Of the four prizes, two are offered by the main sponsors Zain and MBC Hope and are open to solutions across categories including healthcare, energy, food, shelter and security.
- The third is marked for an educational solution and offered by Jusoor, an NGO established by Syrian expatriates supporting the country’s development.
- The fourth prize will be crowd funded and awarded to a solution brought forward by a refugee.
- The MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab Innovate for Refugees crowdfunding campaign launches on the Generosity by Indiegogo platform today