The New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2017 is now open. The purpose of the scholarship is to promote mutual cooperation and share educational experience among all Commonwealth countries as well as recognise and promote the highest intellectual achievement.
New Zealand Scholarships foster and build future leaders, as well as equipping you with skills and knowledge to benefit your home country. Their scholarships offer top quality education at New Zealand’s world-class tertiary institutes or a major Pacific regional university.
With a New Zealand Scholarship, you’ll get fully funded tuition and other financial benefits, as well as personal and academic support. While studying in New Zealand, you’ll enjoy the benefits of their world-class educational facilities and share in our unique Kiwi lifestyle.
Financial support includes:
- full tuition fees
- a fortnightly living allowance – this is a contribution to basic living expenses
- an establishment allowance – this is a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- medical and travel insurance
- travel to and from your home country – this is for travel from your home country at the start of the scholarship, and for you to return to your home country at the end of your scholarship. Note that we offer our scholarships for the shortest amount of time needed for you to complete the academic programme.
- home leave or reunion travel for some scholars
- assistance with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate research students
In return, you’ll undertake to return home to share your knowledge and skills to benefit your country. You’ll also need to fulfil your obligations as a scholarship recipient.