If you’re in the gym, on a crowded subway, or you’ve been #blessed with a snoring partner, we’ll keep the world around you quiet.
Noise-isolating earbuds are far from novel, but the Plugfones Liberate flips a common equation on its proverbial ear: we’ve engineered a product that’s earplug first, earbud second. Building on what we’ve learned for the past 6 years producing WIRED Plugfones, we’ve SEVERED the cable with Plugfones Liberate.
These Bluetooth 4.0 earplugs offer the same top-notch aural quality as our wired Plugfones, but without the hassle of a 3.5mm connector.
Each Liberate headset has a Bluetooth 4.0 antenna, a fully sweatproof design, a noise-reducing inline microphone for voice calls, ruggedized play/pause, volume up, and volume down buttons, song progression buttons, and a water resistant USB charging connector. You can expect the battery to last 8 hours on a full charge, enabling you to easily get through extended shifts without having to source power.
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Compatible with all Bluetooth enabled devices
- 8 hour battery life
- Available in two colors: Yellow /Dark Blue* (Long Model) or Black/Grey (Short Model) You will pick your color option after the campaign ends. $99 MSRP
- 18-inches from earplug tip to earplug tip (Long Model), 14-inches from earplug tip to earplug tip (Short Model)
- 7.5-inches from earplug tip to the case (Long Model), 5.5 inches from earplug tip to case (Short Model)
- 4.5 ounces (total weight with earplugs installed)
- Noise Reduction Mic, placed on the right side lead
- Inline Remote: center button is a universal button for Power On/Off, Bluetooth Sync, Play/Pause, Answer/End Call
- Left and right buttons are Volume Control (short press), Song Progression (long press)
- Sweat and water resistant
- *Yellow/Dark Blue (Long Model) Does not come with a mic
Two Models Available
Yellow Model for music only.
Black Model for music and calls.
Plugfones were initially dreamed up after Shaun, our co-founder, found himself too preoccupied with his own thoughts while working tirelessly in a glass factory. After searching in futility for a set of earplugs that would also play music, he began scraping together funds to assemble prototypes in his garage. By testing them himself and on colleagues, he made the requisite changes to produce a product that perfectly straddled the line between earplug and earphone.
We’ve been doing this for nearly six years, and count the likes of Goodyear, La-Z-Boy Manufacturing, and Tyson Foods as customers.
Changing the mold
Conventional earbuds, even those designed to cancel noise and costing hundreds of dollars, aren’t comfortable for all-day use. Plugfones were engineered as earplugs first, which means that your ears won’t fatigue after wearing these on a 12 hour shift or while shooting your AR-15.