The Sony World Photography Awards has five competitions:
• Professional competition – for serious photographers.
• Open competition – open to all.
• Youth competition – for young photographers aged 12-19.
• National Awards – looking for the best single shot by a local photographer from over 50 countries.
• Student Focus – for emerging photographic talent studying any degree level photography course.
• 5th December 2015 – Student Focus competition closes.
• 5th January 2016 – Open, Youth, National Awards competitions close.
• 12th January 2016 – Professional competition closes.
Prizes for this year’s competition include: the latest Sony digital imaging equipment; inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House, London; inclusion in the 2016 awards’ book and $30,000 (USD) for the overall winners.