Entries are invited for the 2016 Land for Life Youth Social Media Activists Challenge: “Are You the ONE?” The United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) is looking for passionate young social media activists who are promoting and conserving natural resources. The campaign aims to recognize active, passionate and dedicated young people who are currently active in conserving natural resources and promoting such actions to their peers and local communities via social media. Winners’ initiatives, stories, experience and /or challenges encountered, ideas or solutions will be communicated and highlighted through UNCCD’s various communication channels such as social media platforms and website.
This is an Opportunity for individual and community projects / stories to get access to valuable networks and gain recognition from a worldwide audience. Young people who are actively working for environmental justice are encouraged to send us their initiatives and stories. Your stories could be in the form of short documentaries, short videos, pictures, short stories, artistic work.
- Top 3 winners will be sponsored to attend a UNCCD International Youth Event co-organized with Future Forest
- Winners will be recognized as Land for Life Youth Social Media Activists for a period of one year and receiving a certificate.
- Winners’ story will be published and promoted through UNCCD communication channels.
- Winners will be invited to present their work at international events.
- Winners will be expected to promote all UNCCD campaigns with their networks.