Submit applications for the World Summit Youth Award 2016. The World Summit Youth Award (WSYA) is a unique global contest which brings together young developers and digital entrepreneurs – under 30 years of age – who use internet and mobile technology to put the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into action and make a difference.
The WSYA selects and promotes best practice in e-Content. It demonstrates young people’s potential to create outstanding digital contents and serves as a platform for people from all UN member states to work together in the efforts to reach the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Outstanding projects and applications can be submitted in the following six categories which are directly tied to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
- Fight poverty, Hunger and Disease;
- Education for all;
- Women Empowerment;
- Go Green, Climate Change;
- Digital Generation;
- Innovation for SDGs (as open category).
- Be invited to the WSYA Winners’ Event;
- Meet other engaged and amazing young people from around the world, representatives of governments, NGOs, the United Nations, social entrepreneurs and business leaders;
- Get the chance to present your project on a global stage;
- Share ideas, initiatives and inspiration with other amazing young people;
- Learn more about exciting youth initatives and current trends regarding MDGs at workshops and seminars held by ICT experts and entrepreneurs;
- Have your project showcased on the web at www.youthaward.org;
- Be promoted through the WSYA network and network with ICT experts, business leaders, multimedia producers, young entrepreneurs and youth leaders;
- And last but not least, become part of a vibrant and lively community for young people taking action on the SDGs!