The University of Adelaide offers a scholarship program for commencing international students undertaking undergraduate study. Scholarships in this program have the following conditions:
- Available for commencing international undergraduate students only;
- Open to citizens of any country (except Australia and New Zealand);
- Provides a waiver of 25% of the annual tuition fee for each year of the program for the full duration of the program, up to a maximum of four years;
- Up to 40 scholarships available each year;
- Available for study in any discipline except Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bachelor of Oral Health and Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience)
- Open to eligible applicants completing Foundation Studies or secondary studies overseas or in Australia, or those transferring into the later years of an undergraduate degree with advanced standing
- The selection process for the Adelaide International Undergraduate Scholarships is competitive, with academic achievement forming the main basis for scholarship selection. As a general guide, the University of Adelaide will consider applicants who have achieved an academic level which is the equivalent of a GPA of 6/7 (85%) for a scholarship.
- As the aim of the scholarship program is to attract excellent applicants from a wide range of countries, factors such as country of citizenship and program of study may also be taken into consideration in some cases in the scholarship selection process.