The Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI) is an international and multi-stakeholder initiative to guide the responsible development and use of AI, grounded in human rights, inclusion, diversity, innovation, and economic growth.
As the council chair of GPAI, India will host the Annual GPAI Summit on 12th -14th December 2023 in India. The Summit will see participation from AI Experts, multilateral organizations, and other relevant stakeholders from over 28 GPAI member countries and the European Union.
As part of the Annual GPAI Summit, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) is organizing the AI Gamechangers Award. The AI Gamechangers Award will provide a global platform to recognize responsible AI solutions that are furthering AI innovation and contributing to GPAI’s mission through the responsible development and deployment of AI.
Shortlisted participants will be given an opportunity to present their solutions to a jury of Global AI experts and the broader Global AI ecosystem at the Annual GPAI Summit in December 2023.
The AI Gamechangers Award aims to recognize and celebrate impactful AI solutions that are driving responsible AI innovation. Through the celebration of groundbreaking innovation, ethical considerations, and impactful projects, the awards seek to propel the AI field forward while inspiring responsible development and societal transformation.
This prestigious platform will enable AI entrepreneurs and innovators from diverse backgrounds to showcase their innovative AI solutions, furthering the technological frontier and GPAI’s broader mission of promoting trust in and the adoption of responsible AI across its thematic priorities of:
- Global Health
- Climate Change
- Resilient Society
- Collaborative AI Global partnership (CAIGP)
- Sustainable Agriculture
The AI Gamechangers Award recognizes distinguished AI leaders across the following two focused categories. Each category is aligned with problem statement(s), showcasing the critical challenges that AI innovators are addressing globally.
Category 1: AI in Governance Leader Award:
- Problem Statement: How can public sector AI systems ensure transparent explanations for their decision-making processes, improving trust and understanding between the AI systems and their users?
- Applying organizations must be registered startups (or equivalent legal entities in their home country) that must have been operational for a minimum of 2 years before September 2023.
- The proposed AI solution should have already been implemented (at least at the pilot stage) for a public service delivery application, on the date of submission of the proposal.
Category 2: NextGen Leaders Award:
- Problem Statement 1: Detection mechanisms to distinguish content made from a foundational model over other content, based on a high degree of reliability?
- Problem Statement 2: The most promising use cases of generative AI.
- Applying organizations must be registered startups (or equivalent legal entities in their own country) that must have been operational for a minimum of 1 year before September 2023.
- The applying organization must provide a Proof of Concept or Pilot leveraging Generative AI across any of the GPAI thematic priorities stated above.
Stage 1 (12th September – 15th October 2023)
- Submission of proposals: Eligible participants will submit a brief proposal through the form:
- Eligibility Screening: All submissions will be rigorously assessed basis the eligibility criteria.
Stage 2 (15th October- 15th November 2023)
- Shortlisting: Based on the written submissions and accompanying materials, a maximum of 10 applications (up to 5 per award category) will be shortlisted by a diverse committee formulated for this purpose.
Stage 3: (12th-14th December 2023)
- GPAI Summit: Shortlisted participants will get to participate in the Annual GPAI Summit in New Delhi, India in December.
- Showcase: The selected teams will also get to showcase/ demonstrate their innovation at the AI Expo during the Summit
- Pitch: Each participant will be given 5 minutes to pitch their solution to a jury of global AI experts, industry representatives etc., and shall detail:
- How the proposed solutions address the problem statement.
- Ethical and Socio-Economic Impact of their solution.
- Demonstration of their solution (if applicable).
- Award Ceremony: Two winners will be selected from each of the two categories from this shortlisted pool after the jury evaluation and announced in the Awards Ceremony during the Annual GPAI Summit, 2023.
Winners of the AI Gamechangers Award will be given:
- Cash Prize (a cumulative grant of up to INR 1 Cr will be provided to winners across the 2 categories)
- GPAI AI Gamechanger Certification
- Cloud Compute Capacity (per eligibility)
- Opportunity to work with GPAI experts and contribute towards the broader mandate of GPAI (As per GPAI project requirements)
Read our full Awards Terms and Conditions. Any Query? Please Contact Us at [email protected]
Additionally, all shortlisted participants will be provided a demonstration stall at the GPAI AI Expo during the GPAI Summit, hosted in New Delhi to showcase their innovations to the global AI ecosystem.
*Note: The supplemental benefits, originating from a third party, shall be governed by the terms and conditions set forth by the respective third parties. Ministry of Electronics and IT, Government of India shall bear no responsibility or liability in connection with these matters.
Guidelines for Submission
- Participants can only apply for a single Award Category addressing (either of) the problem statements.
- Participants must ensure alignment of their solution with at least one of the thematic priorities listed.
- Video to include:
- Product/solution demonstration.
- The video shall not be more than 2 Minutes (120 seconds), Films/Videos exceeding this time limit are liable to be rejected.
- The minimum length should be 30 seconds.
- Both colour and monochrome videos in time-lapse/normal mode will be accepted.
- Please ensure the Films/Videos are preferably shot in good quality camera/mobile phone and are in the ratio 16:9 in Horizontal format.
- Format: Youtube link
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Participants may be contacted by organizing team for further information on the proposal.