FbStart is a global startup program from Facebook designed to help developers build and grow their products. FbStart members receive free tools and services, support, training and year-round opportunities to connect directly with the Facebook team for technical and professional mentorship. FbStart members also receive a custom package of exclusive discounts from dozens of Facebook partners, including companies such as Amazon, Dropbox, Stripe and MailChimp. Messenger platform and native mobile app developers can apply to join the program.
We accept developers with live Messenger platform bots, mobile apps, as well as startups with referral codes from our VC, accelerator, university, and hackathon partners. We offer two tracks for developers at different stages of growth:
- Bootstrap track: Any developer who’s launched a quality, working bot in Messenger or native mobile app in the Google Play or Apple app stores
- Accelerate track: Any developer who’s launched a working bot in Messenger or native mobile app in the Apple or Google Play app stores and has seen a sustained level of growth in their target markets
You must have a registered Facebook app ID and Facebook developer account in order to join FbStart, but you do not need to have Facebook products integrated into your app in order to be accepted into the program.
As an FbStart member, you’ll receive these free offerings:
- Tools –free package of tools and services valuing up to $80,000 (Accelerate track) or $40,000 (Bootstrap track) from Facebook and dozens of third-party partners including Amazon, Dropbox, MailChimp, Salesforce, Stripe, and UserTesting.
- Support –throughout the year you can connect with product managers, engineers, partnerships, and operations during events, office hours, webinars, email and more.
- Community –meet others in the startup community through our online community tools, meetups and events. You’ll also gain access to Workplace for FbStart (coming soon), which will enable you to communicate with Facebook and fellow members.