Applications are open for the School of Data Fellowship Programme 2018. The aim of the Fellowship programme is to increase awareness of data literacy and build communities who together, can use data literacy skills to make the change they want to see in the world. School of Data is inviting journalists, data scientists, civil society advocates and anyone interested in advancing data literacy to apply for its 2018 Fellowship Programme, which will run from May 2018 to January 2019.
Fellowships are nine-month placements with School of Data for data-literacy practitioners or enthusiasts. During this time, Fellows work alongside School of Data to build an individual programme that will make use of both the collective experience of School of Data’s network to help Fellows gain new skills, and the knowledge that Fellows bring along with them, be it about a topic, a community or specific data literacy challenges.
They are looking for engaged individuals who already have in-depth knowledge of a given sector or specific skillsets that can be applied to this year’s focus topics.. This will help Fellows get off to a running start and achieve the most during their time with School of Data: nine months fly by!
8 positions are open, 1 in each of the following countries: Bolivia, Guatemala, Ghana, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, The Philippines.
- Duration: From May 14th, 2018 to January 31st, 2019
- Level of activity: 10 days per month
- Fellowships will receive a modest monthly stipend of up to $1,000 USD a month. This is not meant to cover them for full time work, as this is a part-time role, but we would expect them to dedicate at least ten days of effort for this amount.
- In addition to the stipend, fellows will have access to a small amount of funds to organise local events and travel abroad at least once.
- The programme will also fund the participation of all fellows at the School of Data Summer Camp (exact date to be announced). This includes economy class airfare, accommodation, food, and transportation.