Applications for the Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) Program 2020 are open. The Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is a summer academic enrichment and leadership program for outstanding high school students from around the world. Each summer, students from over 100 countries participate in one of nine interdisciplinary sessions and immerse themselves in a global learning community.
Yale Young Global Scholars invites students from over 125 countries and all 50 U.S. states to spend two weeks at Yale University attending an academic session of their choice. They offer sessions in engineering, biology, international affairs, literature, arts, and more. Participants experience university life through Yale faculty lectures and small-scale seminars, all while meeting students from around the world.
- A small, intimate educational experience with an 8:1 student to instructor ratio
- A taste of university life, including residential dormitories, meals, labs, and lectures with Yale faculty
- Humanities, social sciences, science, and math curricula at a top research institution
- Easy, affordable access to the program with fee waivers, tuition packages, and travel assistance
- The most global summer program in the world, with students from all 50 U.S. states and over 125 countries
- A resume boost for your university applications, since participation at YYGS is recognized by admissions officers at colleges and universities
- And so much more!
YYGS provides need-based financial aid to both domestic and international students that covers partial- or full-tuition discounts (up to $6,300, or 100% of tuition), as well as scholarships that cover travel assistance.