- Available to International Students and US Citizens.
- May be applied to Certificate or Degree in Guitar, Bass, Vocal, Drum, or Keyboard Performance programs or Degree in Music Composition program. (MI Select and MI Select Express programs are not eligible.)
- Available to newly enrolled students only.
- The total scholarship amount will be divided by the total number of quarters in the particular program and credited toward each quarter’s tuition in equal amounts for as long as the student maintains a 2.75 GPA.
- Scholarship/">Scholarships are non-transferable, and may not be applied to any person, program or start date other than the one for which it was awarded.
1. Audio Recording
- Containing the 2-3 songs that you submitted with your original application to the program, plus a minimum of two or maximum of five more.
- Accepted formats: wav, mp3, aac
2. Credit List
- Detailed credit list for any songs performed or submitted with your application.
- Include information that lists who performed each instrument, who engineered, and who produced.
3. Lyric Sheet PDF
- If you are the author of any lyrics performed or submitted with this application.
- Include a lyric sheet for each song.
4. One-Page Word Essay
- Describing your short and long-term career objectives.
- Include specific information about how you plan to meet your objectives.
5. YouTube URL
- video recording containing a minimum of 2 original songs in a solo performance or in a band/ensemble setting.
6. Multi-Track Audio Files
- Complete multi-track audio files of 2 original recording.
- These may be the same songs submitted for the audio recording requirement.
- Accepted formats: Apple Logic, Pro Tools, Cubase, Ableton Live, bounced individual audio files.
7. YouTube URL
- A video recording of no more than 10 minutes documenting your writing/creative process.
8. Musicians Institute Acceptance Letter
Awards:- Scholarship Amount: $1000