Developed in the form of a crowd contest, the ASCE Innovation Contest offers professionals, educators and students the opportunity share their best ideas for transforming the future of our nation’s infrastructure from four topic areas.
Participate in the Innovation Contest – join the power of the crowd that will help transform the state of our nation’s infrastructure. Become part of the solution by sharing your best ideas, projects, and theories for how to build a better future. Contestants may submit a description of their innovations in any or all of four different topics.
THE FOUR TOPICS FOR THE 2016 ASCE INNOVATION CONTEST
INNOVATIVE BUSINESS MODELS & TECHNOLOGIES:
- What are new and effective business models and technologies for lower costs and improved quality in civil engineering projects?
- How can we mitigate risks and lower existing barriers to innovation within the civil engineer industry?
THE INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT):
The IoT, sometimes described as the “convergence of mobility, cloud and big data”, connects people, data, things and processes in massive networks of connections, creating vast amounts of information, that when analyzed and used intelligently could create new innovations and efficiencies.
- How can we design the IoT and other responsive technologies into infrastructure and civil engineering projects?
- How do we incorporate green engineering (sustainable design)?
- How do we incorporate resilience in engineering projects and infrastructure?
Awards:- Possible Research Grant