Temperature in mines are relatively high and touches around 50 Deg C during summer. Currently, the vehicle engine is turned on to run the air conditioner in the driver’s cabin. Shift time of operation is 8 hours and total idle time for vehicle in a shift is around 3 hours. In this idle time, engine has to be kept running to keep the air conditioner ON. This eventually increases the fuel consumption and cost of operation. We are looking for a solution which does not require the engine to be running for keeping the air conditioner ON. Following conditions should be met.
- Run existing Air conditioner(1.5 Ton) in the vehicle with existing battery (or with an added battery)
- Install a new Air Conditioner which can run on existing battery satisfying the following requirements.
- The A/C system should be easy to maintain.
- The solution provided should not decrease the usable size of the cabin.
- The A/C system should not hinder other operations in the cabin.
- The user should be able to adjust the temperature and the fan speed of the A/C.
- The A/C system should be cost effective.
- The A/C system should be able to run for 30 mins, at a minimum and up to 3 hours maximum.
- The A/C cooling capacity should be 0.5 ton or higher.
- It should not require the engine running to operate the A/C.
Awards:- INR 5,00,000