- Drive your company’s Return on Investment (ROI) with analytics-based marketing strategies.
- Apply analytics tools and techniques to real-world problems and scenarios.
- Practical applications in price and promotion analytics.
- Analysis of competitive trends.
- Distribution and sales performance.
- Competitive Analysis and Market Segmentation.
- Budgets for multiple campaigns.
- Advanced programming languages.
- Conjoint analysis, decision trees.
- Brick and mortar vs. e-commerce channels.
- Exclusive for Verified students: Practical application of R, the industry standard for data analysis, to critical and common marketing questions.
Marketing analytics is increasingly important as a central strategy to drive company performance. Analytical capabilities, even in entry-level marketing positions, are a must for career advancement. The MicroMasters program from Berkeley Extension will help you to gain skills in quantitative marketing techniques to deploy immediately and see practical benefits in the workplace. This powerful series builds your knowledge and skills with industry best practices and approaches for marketing measurement and analysis. Begin your journey to become a data wrangler and learn how to tell the stories hidden in your company’s data.
The program is designed and taught by industry expert Stephan Sorger, who has held leadership roles in marketing and product development at companies such as Oracle, 3Com and NASA. He has taught for over a decade at UC Berkeley Extension and is the author of two widely adopted marketing textbooks.
Courses in MicroMasters Program in Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Analytics: Marketing Measurement Strategy
Learn best approaches and practices for marketing measurement, including how to use metrics to measure success.
- Marketing Analytics: Price and Promotion Analytics
Learn how to use price and promotion analytics to effectively allocate your marketing budget to maximize profits.
- Marketing Analytics: Competitive Analysis and Market Segmentation
Learn how to analyze your competition and effectively segment your market to improve overall customer satisfaction and company profits.
- Marketing Analytics: Products, Distribution and Sales
Learn how to identify what your consumers want in a product and the best distribution and sales channels to engage with your chosen markets.
Certificate & Credit Pathways for Berkeley MicroMasters Program in Marketing Analytics
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Completing the edX MicroMasters program in Marketing Analytics and earning your MicroMasters program certificate gives you an Advanced Standing in UC Berkeley Extension’s Marketing Certificate. Learn more about UC Berkeley Extension’s Advanced Standing Certificate in Marketing.
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) offers a pathway to credit for BerkeleyX Marketing Analytics MicroMasters program certificate holders toward RIT’s Master of Science in Professional Studies . If accepted into the program, students will be awarded 12 credits which will serve toward one concentration required for this interdisciplinary degree. The MS in Professional Studies is a customized, flexible program that meets industry demand by enabling students to strategically combine multiple, complementary fields of study to reflect their unique career and educational goals.
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters program certificate are eligible to apply for admission to the Master of Marketing program at Curtin University.
If a learner applies for admission to the Master of Marketing program at Curtin University, and is accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards 25% of the coursework required for graduation in the Curtin program. The Master of Marketing is a 300 credit point qualification. If a learner applies for admission to the Master of Marketing program at Curtin University, and is accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards 75 credits.
- This program focuses on skills that are beneficial to the following jobs: Marketing Manager; Product Marketing Manager; Market Researcher; Search Engine Marketing Specialist; Customer Insights / Business Intelligence Manager; Marketing Operations Manager.
- The Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS) forecasts a 19% growth rate for Market Research Analysts through 2024.
- The BLS forecasts a 30% growth rate for Operations Research Analysts through 2024.
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) reports a current shortage of over 150,000 data specialists in the United States alone.
- Over a half million jobs created in “analytics skills” from 2015 through 2018. (PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) report based on Burning Glass data)
Duration:- 4 months
Cost:- $ 897