Create two (2) 15-second hero spots along with two (2) videos for Instagram Stories for BEST DAMN Sweet Tea that generate awareness of this breakthrough product just in time for summer.
Here’s the deal… the Hard Tea category is overdue for a shake-up. Fortunately, BEST DAMN has developed a truly best damn product to entice people looking for a change. BEST DAMN needs your help to make consumers aware of BEST DAMN Sweet Tea and encourage them to pick it up! Since summer is one of the most popular time to enjoy a BEST DAMN hard tea, they want ideas and videos that pay tribute to the time of year we all love the most. How would you pay homage to summer in a 15 second or less video while making sure BEST DAMN is the star of the show?
Please read the remainder of the brief for all the important details.
The goal is to create two 15 second product-centric, informative, and captivating Videos, anchored by summer imagery, for distribution on Facebook and Instagram. In addition to the two 15 second videos, the Pitch winner will also be required to create two separate videos specifically for Instagram Stories.
Summer activities like Boating, Mountain Biking, Fishing, Golf, and BBQ are fair game. Just make sure the activities are relatable and approachable just like the BEST DAMN brand. Also, it’s essential that the product itself is featured prominently. Since these are for Facebook and Instagram, videos should be able to convey the story with the sound on or off. Text overlays can play an important role in communicating some of the key messaging requirements.
FILMMAKERS PLEASE NOTE that this project has a truncated timeline. Near the bottom of this section is a detailed schedule with all the key due dates. In addition, in order for your Pitch to be considered, you must include samples from the Beverage Stylist you will be using for your shoot.
- Incorporate summer activities.
- BEST DAMN Sweet Tea product must be featured in all creative and it must be the focal point of the video. Please do NOT feature any of the other BEST DAMN flavors. The Sweet Tea flavor is the sole focus.
- Videos must feature product within the first 3 seconds, ideally from the beginning.
- Show refreshing tea liquid in a BEST DAMN mug, garnished with a lemon wheel.
- Include tagline: “Tastiness Guaran-tea-d”
- Impart the following information:
- “New!” – the BEST DAMN consumer is flavor-motivated and variety-seeking
- Brewing reason to believe – “Aged on real black tea leaves for a refreshing iced tea taste” (now that’s #BESTDAMN)
- Reinforce the product has alcohol by using the term “Hard.”
- Tastes like hard iced tea but is brewed like a beer.
- Naturally caffeine free (not a must-have, but a nice-to-have).
–Shooting and Story Mandatories
- Videos cannot feature any other products.
- Videos must be delivered in a 4:5 aspect ratio to maximize real estate across both Facebook and Instagram. Don’t put yourself in a position where you’re cropping out important visuals in post-production because you shot in 16:9 or widescreen.
- Since runtime is limited please front load context, meaning flip the story arc on its head and provide users with context from the very beginning.
- Build for sound-on but plan for sound-off. Preview videos without sound to ensure they make sense. Consider leveraging sub/supertitles.
- Videos must end with a product lock-up shot featuring the BEST DAMN bottle next to the BEST DAMN mug the liquid in it garnished with a lemon wheel
- Preview all of your creative on mobile to ensure it’s “thumb stopping.”
- Diverse casting with equal male and female presence.
- All talent in videos MUST be 25 years or older and must reasonably appear to be over the age of 21. Prior to booking talent and shooting you must verify that all talent is 25 years of age or older.
- Talent CANNOT actually be seen drinking the product on camera. They can hold the bottles and mugs but cannot drink from them.
- Must abide by the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code. There are additional executional mandatories in this document and below.
The BEST DAMN target consumer is male, ages 25-35, and enjoys drinking different types of alcohol and styles of beer.
Witty, fun loving, and approachable.
Facebook and Instagram
(2) Two :15 second spots optimized for Facebook and Instagram
(2) Two Instagram stories
–Product: BEST DAMN mugs will be provided to the Pitch winner. Product may also be provided depending on the proximity of the Pitch winner to a local distributor.
Brand picks two Winning Concepts: 5/19
Pitch Phase: 5/19 – 5/24
Brand picks Pitch Winner: 5/31
Pre-Production: 6/1 – 6/7
Production: 6/8 – 6/19
First Cuts due: 6/19
Brand Consolidated Feedback on First Cuts due: 6/22
Revised Cuts due: 6/26
Brand final round of consolidated feedback due: 6/27
Final Revised Cuts due: 6/29
Final Master Files due: 6/30
ENTRY GUIDELINES & PROHIBITED CONTENT:
Entries must meet the following requirements:
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- Sponsor shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the World in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose.
- Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) reference anyone under 21 years of age; (e)otherwise fail to comply with the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code as made publicly available at the following online location: http://www.beerinstitute.org/assets/uploads/BI-AdCode-5-2011.pdf; (f) contain or reference trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (g) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (h) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; (i) refer to or depict any names, logos or readily recognizable features of a retailer of alcohol beverages (such as a grocery store, convenience store, restaurant, bar, or any other retail location that sells alcohol beverages); or (j) depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
- Each Entrant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is his/her original work, (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; and (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or on the Website, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
- Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
- Any such Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
All Entries are subject to Sponsor’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act policy, as follows: Digital Millennium Copyright Act—Anheuser-Busch is committed to respecting and protecting the legal rights of copyright owners. As such, Anheuser-Busch adheres to the following notice and take down policy, in full compliance with Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512 et seq.). If you believe any of the Entries infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (hereafter a “DMCA Takedown Notice”). To be valid, a DMCA Takedown Notice must (i) be provided to Anheuser-Busch designated agent, (“Copyright Agent”), as set forth below, and (ii) include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Anheuser-Busch’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is: email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For clarity, only DMCA Takedown Notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, online purchases or other communications should be directed to the applicable customer service links posted on the Website. You acknowledge that in order for Anheuser-Busch to be authorized to takedown any Content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all of the requirements of this Section.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, that it will not place Sponsor under any obligation other than as stated in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to publish or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
This Project will be worth a total of $40,000 and consists of 4 Phases: a Concept Phase, a Pitch Phase, a Video Phase, and a Revisions Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully as well as the Official Rules.
PHASE 1: CONCEPT – Tell us your Concept in 250 characters or less. As always, Concepts should be clever and engaging. The two (2) Winning Concept creators will each receive $500.
PHASE 2: PITCH – Submit your Pitch (What is a Pitch Phase?) convincing the Sponsor why you should be selected to execute a Video based on the winning Concept from the previous Phase, using the below requirements. Please note that Pitches must outline TWO separate 15-second spots. They can have the same look and feel but they must be independent stand-alone spots.
- Text (REQUIRED): 500 characters or less synopsizing how you plan to approach and execute each :15 Video.
- Links (REQUIRED): To your previous video work. Please specify your role (producer, director, cinematography, etc.) and DO NOT INCLUDE LINKS TO YOUR SHOWREEL. Please link to individual videos.
- Beverage Stylist (REQUIRED): Provide background information and links to samples of the Beverage Stylist you plan to work with.
- Treatment (REQUIRED): A detailed description of what’s going to happen in your two :15 second videos.
- Scripts (REQUIRED): Your scripts should include dialogue and/or action for the videos you intend to create. Keep in mind these are only 15-second videos.
- Storyboards (Optional): This will be required in the Video phase, so it would be smart to get a head start now.
- Casting (Optional): This will also be required in the Video phase, so it would be smart to start thinking about it.
- Pitch Video (Optional): This is your opportunity to show us what you’re capable of. Consider submitting a Pitch video in which you tell the Sponsor what they can expect should they choose your Pitch. Also, test videos, animatics, etc. are welcome.
The most compelling Pitch will be selected and, upon submitting the Winner’s Affidavit and the IP Assignment, will receive $19,000 to help create their Videos. If your Pitch is selected and you execute your Pitch effectively in your Video submission and complete the necessary revisions, then you will be paid $20,000.
For an example of an effective pitch, check out The Indie Machines winning “3 Artists & 5,000 LEGOs” pitch video. All pitches will remain private until after the winners of the Video Phase are announced and the project is complete.
PHASE 3: PRE-PRODUCTION – The Pitch Winner from the Pitch Phase will enter the Pre-Production Phase (What is a Pre-Production Phase?), which means you will be required to submit certain items for Approval before moving onto the Video Phase. These items are:
- Scripts (Required): You must submit a full script with any action, on-screen text, dialogue, and voiceover that will be included in your Video. The brand may provide feedback on your Script and ask you to submit a new version. There may be multiple rounds of feedback until a Script is approved by the brand. Keep in mind these are only 15-second videos.
- Storyboards (Required): You must submit storyboards that reflects your approach to the Video, and includes the entirety of your script. The brand may provide feedback on your storyboards and ask you to submit a new version.
- Casting (Required): You must submit at least two actor options per role. If the brand does not approve either of your options for a role, you may be asked to submit two new actor options.
- Wardrobe (Required): You will need to submit descriptions and/or pictures of your cast’s wardrobe. You must submit at least two wardrobe options per role. If the brand does not approve either of your options for a role, you may be asked to submit two new wardrobe options.
No filmmakers may begin shooting their Video until all Approvals are completed and the Video Phase has officially begun. If you begin shooting your Video during the Pre-Production Phase, there is a chance you will need to reshoot (at your own expense) so please don’t jump the gun.
PHASE 4: VIDEO – The winner from the Pitch Phase will create:
(2) Two :15 second spots optimized for Facebook and Instagram
(2) Two Instagram stories
PHASE 5: REVISIONS – Once the Video Phase has closed, the winning submitters will enter the Revisions Phase (What is a Revisions Phase?). During this phase, filmmakers will perform reasonable edits on their Videos according to the Sponsor’s feedback. Once the Videos are finalized, the Sponsor will rank the Videos and winners will be announced.
–Music: Tongal has partnered with our three premiere music providers: Jingle Punks, Killer Tracks and Epidemic Sound. Any of which can be used to source music for your Video submission to this Project. Music from these providers is available to registered Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Submissions to this Project and will not require a separate Music Release Form. To learn more about using each of these music providers, click on any of the provider’s names above.
Tongal members interested in a custom music solution for your project are invited to connect with SCORE A SCORE. They specialize in the creation of custom music, on-demand.
Their business model is based on a “name your price” system, so you can tell them what your budget is, and they will work with you to create a deal configuration that will work within the discussed parameters. Check out the FAQ for more information and how to contact SCORE A SCORE.
If you are selected as a winner and choose to use custom/original music, you must fill out and submit our Music Release Form. If you obtain music from other catalog providers, you must purchase the appropriate license at your own expense and submit it with our Music Release Form when you turn in your video paperwork.
–Referral: Any Tongal member who refers one of the winning Video creators in this Project using the Tongal “Invite Friends” functionality will receive a referral fee equal to 5% of the amount won up to $500. That’s a potential $500 in bonus cash just for telling all of your talented friends about this Project! Check out more about our Referral Program in the FAQ.
1. The Videos MUST not exceed 15-seconds in length. Preferred format for upload to the Tongal website is HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX. Should you win, you will also be required to provide a 1080p .mov master file, using a ProRes, Animation, or Uncompressed Codec.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider not provided by Tongal, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
4. BY SUBMITTING A VIDEO ENTRY, YOUR SUBMISSION IMMEDIATELY BECOMES THE SOLE PROPERTY OF TONGAL OR ITS ASSIGNEES – SEE OFFICIAL RULES FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES. YOU MAY NOT PUBLICLY SHARE OR PUBLISH YOUR SUBMISSION IN ANY MANNER AND YOU MAY NOT POST OR UPLOAD YOUR SUBMISSION TO ANY WEBSITE OR VIDEO HOSTING SITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE OR VIMEO), WITHOUT THE PRIOR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF TONGAL. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS REQUIREMENT MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTRY IN THE PROJECT.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Sponsor.
6. Submissions must not portray Sponsor in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Sponsor.
7. Videos must be in the English language.
8. Limit 5 submissions per member, per Phase.
9. You must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older to enter.
10. In the event that fewer than 50 Pitches are received, the Sponsor reserves the right to repost the contest for up to fourteen (14) additional days at its discretion.
11. In addition to the judging criteria stated in the OFFICIAL RULES, (1) viability of the Entry as a premise for the final objective of the Project (e.g. commercial advertisement, music video, how-to-video, etc.); (2) creativity; and (3) effectiveness in promotion of the brand that is the subject of such Project, Pitches will also be evaluated on that member’s ability to execute the final Video based on their prior work and experience as a filmmaker.
12. The Sponsor will be entitled to reasonable revisions on the finished Videos without providing additional compensation. Remember it’s easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
13. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning Video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, Music (or other) Releases for all assets appearing in their winning Videos, as well as a copy of a photo ID for all On-camera Talent releases. You must also provide all project files, editing sequences and a QuickTime .mov file in uncompressed, Animation or ProRes HQ codec at 1920×1080 to claim your prize.
14. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.
15. You are required to use a Beverage Stylist.