Cafe Writers Open Poetry Competition invites original, unpublished poems in the English language of 40 lines or less.The competition will be judged by Tiffany Atkinson.
- Maximum of 40 lines (excluding title) on one side of A4.
- The Prize is open to anyone other than Café Writers’ committee members.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been published, self-published, published on any web-site or broadcast.
- We regret that entries cannot be returned.
- Entries must be your own original work and in English.
- No corrections can be made after receipt, nor fees refunded.
- Entries must show no name, address or identifying marks other than the title.
- Worldwide copyright of each entry remains with the author, but Café Writers will have the unrestricted right to publish the winning poems on its web-site and in press releases publicising the competition.
- The judge’s decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into.Entry implies acceptance of all the rules. Failure to comply with the entry requirements will result in disqualification
Prizewinners will be notified in writing by 31st January 2016. The list of prizewinners will be displayed on the website after the prize-giving ceremony at Café Writers on 8th February 2016.
£4 per poem or £10 for 3 poems and £2 per poem thereafter.
• 1st prize: £1,000
• 2nd prize: £300
• 3rd prize: £200
• six commended prizes of £50
• funniest poem not winning another prize: £100
30th November 2015