The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) is now accepting applications from individual or corporate consultants to update workshop content for the MINDS Regional Training Workshops on Elections and Governance. MINDS is inviting a suitably qualified consultant/s to review the current workshop content and update it according to the aims of the MINDS Youth Program on Elections and Governance and the main objectives of the regional training workshops.
The engagement should take no longer than three (3) months. The consultancy will therefore, comprise three main tasks:
- Reviewing of current workshop content
- Proposing recommended changes, and
- Updating workshop content.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an African citizen. (Applicable to individual applicants).
- Be a registered, compliant legal entity within at least one African country. (Applicable to organizations).
- Have at least five (5) years’ individual or organizational experience in designing or developing learning content or learning experiences targeted at African youth in relation to civic engagement in general, or elections and governance specifically.
- Have a sound understanding of the different electoral systems applied in African countries, the electoral cycle, and a broad understanding of governance processes and youth participation in elections and governance in Africa.
- Have access to the input of a diverse team (including but not limited to age, gender and geographic location/ exposure to the African continent).
- Be flexible to travel, should that be necessary.
- Be able to write and fluently present in English.