The Kosovo Foundation for Open Society (KFOS) is inviting applications from qualified researchers for participation in its new project: Building Knowledge about Kosovo (v.2.0).
The project aims to:
- Produce and widely disseminate new knowledge about Kosovo’s statehood and its complex policymaking questions.
- Gather together and provide necessary support to a number of young and dynamic researchers engaged in cutting-edge analysis of contemporary Kosovo.
- Engage project participants in designing new and innovative dissemination ideas and tools.
- Form a network of dynamic and promising young analysts who will become the springboard for future research on Kosovo.
The aims will be realized through the implementation of a number of individual research micro-projects selected from the pool of applications in response to this Call. Each individual research micro-project will have two key components:
- Ongoing publicity and dissemination.
A maximum of twelve young researchers will be selected and given the opportunity to realize a comprehensive study on an aspect of policy-making in contemporary Kosovo. Upon their selection, all project participants will be assigned with an experienced academic who will guide their research to completion through frequent interaction, be that online or in person.
During the early phase of the project, participants will agree with research supervisors on their individual research plans and with project coordinators on their publicity and dissemination plans. The project participants will spend eight months of data collection, analysis and drafting. During this time they will have the opportunity to visit Kosovo for data collection and research networking purposes.
Outstanding young researchers in the early stages of their careers are encouraged to apply. Selected participants will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in an intensive kick-off workshop in Thessaloniki during which they will attend master classes and get advice on their individual research micro-projects.
- Receive research guidance from experienced academics for the entire duration of this project.
- Visit Kosovo and spend several days engaging in data collection, interviewing for project purposes and meeting Kosovar policymakers and civil society as well as other project participants.
- Publish their research in an edited volume that will receive wide publicity in the EU countries and the Western Balkans.
- Receive full funding for all project activities (Thessaloniki kick-off workshop, a field trip to Kosovo, publication of edited volume etc.).
- Receive remuneration for their research and publicity work at the amount of 3,000 EUR.
- Make their work known broadly in both EU countries and the Western Balkans through the various public events, dissemination actions, networking activities that are part of KFOS projects.
- Become members of an exciting new group of dynamic young researchers who will devise creative and innovative ideas for future research, dissemination and networking focusing on Kosovo and the Western Balkans.