Applications are open for the CERN Technical Studentships – Mechanical Engineering 2020. If your university or institute requires or encourages you to acquire work experience through an internship, imagine doing this at CERN in Geneva. It’s more than work experience. In fact, it’s a student programme like nowhere else on Earth and an impressive addition to your CV!
If you are a student looking to complete practical training in domains related to Mechanical Engineering, you will have the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of technology, contribute and broaden your knowledge in disciplines as varied as structural mechanics and machine development, magnets, fluids or heating systems, mechatronics, computer aided design or metrology to name but a few.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion.
In return, CERN will provide you with:
- A contract of association from 4 to 12 months
- An allowance of 3305 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax)
- A travel allowance
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if you are married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (the contribution will be automatically deducted from your allowance)
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month