Chinese Government Scholarship WMO Program is the scholarship established by MOE of China for World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to sponsor international students to study and conduct research in meteorology in China.
I Supporting Categories, Duration, Instruction Language, Institutions and Majors
- Supporting Category
This program supports undergraduate students, master students and doctoral students.
The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language study, as specified in the Admission Letter. It support undergraduates for no more than 5 academic years, master students for no more than 3 academic years, or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years.
- Instruction Language
Undergraduate scholarship recipients must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. Students of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese proficiency must take one-year Chinese language/preparatory study. Graduate students must register for English-taught credit courses.
The two designated universities for this program are Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology and Hohai University.
The majors are limited to Meteorology, Hydrology and Water Resources Monitoring & Management.
Step 1 – Apply to WMO Secretariat for CGS opportunity.
Step 2 – Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by WMO Secretariat as an eligible candidate.
Step 3 – Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. You should consult WMO Secretariat for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number.
Step 4 – Submit all your application documents to WMO Secretariat before the deadline.
All documents should be bound together on top left corner.
You should submit TWO sets of bound documents.
No application documents will be returned.
- Application documents of recommended candidates from WMO will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Based on various factors, such as the different scholarship funding requirements of every country, the host university’s capacity, study length and applicants’ criteria, CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments/changes to the candidate’s host university, field of study, supporting categories and duration of scholarship. Host universities confirm the admission. Applications enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation.
- After placement confirmation by Chinese universities, scholarship recipients will get Chinese government scholarship to study in China with approval by CSC. Each scholarship recipient will be granted with no more than one scholarship.
- CSC sends theList of Scholarship Recipients,Letter of Admission, and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to WMO Secretariat before June 15th. Then the WMO Secretariat will send these documents to the scholarship recipients.
- Scholarship recipients shall not allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on theAdmission Letter after their coming to China.
- Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
Do you want to stay updated about latest opportunities, scholarships & competitions like Chinese Government Scholarship then please install our Android or iOS App here.
Awards:- This is a partial scholarship which covers a tuition waiver, accommodation, living expenses and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to the introduction of CGS for details of each item.