Create a new HERSHEY’S KISSES chocolate product for young families that will inspire meaningful and fun connections between parents and kids!
HERSHEY’S KISSES chocolate is one of the most popular chocolate candy brands in the US. It is a classic brand tied to connecting with others and festive family seasons, it is a symbol of love and affection. Kids and their parents enjoy these bite-sized chocolates with a unique, cute shape. Children just love the rich chocolate taste, the smooth creamy texture and the unique gift-like design, which makes them fun to open and eat. Parents see their kids and their family moments as special, and want to ensure their kids see it this way, too. For parents, HERSHEY’S KISSES chocolate bring about happy nostalgic feelings and are part of creating new family memories. It is a great way to make any family moment special.
There is an opportunity to re-invigorate the HERSHEY’S KISSES chocolate brand for young families with kids between 2 and 12 years old. From the way it is presented to when and how it is consumed; the Hershey team is looking forward to new ideas.
In the context of the COVID-influenced world, families today have more opportunities than ever before to re-connect and share special moments. HERSHEY’S KISSES chocolate is looking for innovative KISSES chocolate product ideas that will be at the center of fun family moments and inspire meaningful connections between parents and kids. Can you help?
The target audience for this challenge are modern families with children ages 2-12. The new chocolate product should surprise and delight both parents and kids, something they would look forward to during the day, a moment to bring the family together.
When creating your new product idea, we would like you to consider the following reasons why a parent might like to offer chocolate to a child:
- One on One moment: “When I am looking for something to fill a bit of free time with my child, help me share a small treat so I can bond with them and make them feel special.”
- Bring a smile: “When I am in a good mood and want to delight my child, help me surprise and delight them with a special treat so I can make them happy and feel like a good parent.”
- Family Game Night: “When I am playing games at home with my spouse and kids, help me share a special treat that we can eat and enjoy while multi-tasking, so I can help the whole family connect with each other and escape from daily stressors.”
- Anticipated Family TV Time: “When I am enjoying an opportunity to connect with my family at home by watching a TV show or movie together, help me serve a multi-sensorial, convenient, easily shareable sweet snack we can eat over an extended period of time, so I can enhance the moments we spend together.”
- It’s the Journey: “When I am spending quality time with my family, help me with a sweet treat we can create together, so I can enhance my bonding time”
Describe and Illustrate your product idea and answer the following mandatory questions:
- What is the frustration or need your idea addresses? How does your idea address this frustration or need?
- How will this idea help create meaningful moments for families with children ages 2-12?
- When would parents give this product to their children?
- How is your idea different from already existing products?
- Do not change the HERSHEY’S KISSES chocolate iconic shape
- Do not create ‘healthy’ or ‘better-for-you’ product ideas
- Do not propose non-confection snacks (chips, cake, etc.)
- Do not propose products that only work seasonally (ex: Easter); the product should be relevant for every day.
- Do not propose a ‘candy dish occasion’ moment (ex: a moment where the product simply sits in a candy dish)
- Do not propose licensing Hershey’s or KISSES brands to other manufacturers or brands (ex: partnerships with other brands for KISSES toys, meal kits, clothing, candles, etc.), you can however propose other brands licensing to Hershey’s.
- Connect parents with kids.
- KISSES chocolate can change their size – they can be bigger or smaller
- KISSES chocolate can be unwrapped
- KISSES chocolate should keep the attractive decorative appearance (even if unwrapped)
- Should have strong appetite appeal
- Must have creamy confection experience (melt, texture and flavor), may include fillings or include bits or add-ins (such as cookie pieces or sprinkles).
- Should be engaging and interactive for kids
- Should have a broad appeal for kids and families
- Must be affordable and attainable for all families
- You can propose other brands licensing to Hershey’s.
Do you want to stay updated about latest opportunities, scholarships & competitions like Hershey’S Kisses Chocolates Competition then please install our Android or iOS App here.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €1,100
- #3 Prize €500