It goes without saying – Chucky is everyone’s favorite killer doll. He’s horrifically creepy, he’s darkly comedic, and most importantly – he’s your friend til the end. This October, for the first time ever, Chucky and the Child’s Play franchise is coming to television! That’s right, get yourself pumped and check out the series trailer that just debuted at Comic Con.
To celebrate USA & SYFY’s new Chucky series – and Chucky’s legacy – and to get other fans excited about the new series, we’re looking for EIGHT different artists to design a poster for each of the episodes in Season One. If greenlit, the SYFY creative team will assign you to one of the eight episodes, and you’ll get exclusive access to information and imagery from the episode. From there, you’ll work with the creative team to design a poster that touches on the subject or themes of the episode – without giving away any spoilers, of course!
We’re looking for people who are talented artists and designers – but we’re also looking for people who are fans of Chucky and the horror genre more generally. Chucky and the Child’s Play franchise have been a pop cultural phenomenon for decades, and the killer doll has left an indelible mark on the horror genre. Your poster should pay homage to Chucky’s legacy while cleverly incorporating content and themes from your assigned episode.
To give us an idea of the visual approach you’re going for, we’re asking that you submit links to your artist portfolio, along with a PDF document containing three examples of past work that are representative of the artistic style you’d use to create your poster. We’re looking for a variety of styles and aesthetics, and you’re not limited to a specific medium, so you can flex a bit if you can go in a few directions. The important part is giving us an idea of how your personal style and the Chucky universe intersect. To that end, you also have the option to submit a proof-of-concept image if you think that’s helpful.
Check out more details below, and then get your pencils, pens, paints, and digital tablets ready.
Eight winning artists will receive the following:
- Early access to a Chucky information & imagery
- $1,000 to create your assigned Chucky episode poster
- Work featured on the official Chucky, USA, and SYFY social channels
To enter your design submission, you must:
- Be 13 years or older
- Log-in to, or create a Tongal Account
- Upload your Pitch submission to Tongal through the “Submissions” tab of the project page (above)
- Fill out the required information on the Submission Form and click “Submit Pitch” button
- If you are selected, you’re required to deliver your poster design in four sizes:
- 4×5 – 1080×1350
- 9×16 – 1080×1920
- 1×1 – 1080×1080
- 8.5×11 – 300 DPI
- Depending on the theme of your episode, you MAY depict the likenesses of actors in the Chucky series, but any depictions are subject to talent approval.
- If you are selected, and working in a digital medium, you will also be required to provide a high-resolution 300 DPI layered PSD of your Artwork.
- ALL design mediums are welcome, whether it’s traditional drawing or painting, digital 2D or 3D design and rendering, moving imagery, transmedia, or even sculpture. Both color and grayscale are fine.
- Your Design should be suitable for a general audience.
- Your Design must be wholly original and not previously published, licensed, sold, used, released, distributed, or otherwise exploited in any form. Your Design must not have previously won any award.
- Your Design may NOT include third party materials (e.g., artwork, logos, photographs, etc.).
- You may NOT submit any script or treatment with your Design. Any notes that you include should be limited to explaining and elaborating upon your Design aesthetic.
The Chucky TV Series Episodic Poster Design Project is open for submissions from 7:00 AM PT on Monday, August 2nd, 2021, to 12:00 PM PT on Wednesday, August 11th, 2021. Submissions not received within this time period will be disqualified. See Official Rules and requirements for eligibility and other requirements.