We are back with our friends over at Spark AR. Throughout the months of October, November and December, we will have 3 x open briefs for you to participate in! These briefs are designed to encourage creators with a medium to advanced skill level to produce world AR effects utilising Spark AR.
Building in Spark AR, we would like to see imaginative, fun and immersive world AR effects (rear-facing camera only).
- For this month’s Spark AR brief we would like to see imaginative rear-facing AR effects inspired by 3D objects in the wild!
- Your AR effect should be designed for the rear (world-facing) camera. In other words, your project should not be a “selfie”
- Your Spark AR design should offer an interactive, playful experience that people want to share. Have fun and let your imagination run wild
- Although not required, top-quality rear camera AR effects typically include animated 3D models
- Head over to the Spark AR tutorial site and watch intermediate and advanced lessons to get you started
- For more inspiration, watch our Speed Sparks Series, short 3-6 minute tutorials from Spark AR Creator; Ant Hagan
- Check out this moodboard for inspiration
- To submit to this open brief, you need to:
- 1) Use Spark AR Studio to create your AR effects
- 2) Publish and submit a link-only effect by following this tutorial (Link-only effects are published immediately)
- 3) Upload your AR effects demo video (showing you using your effects) and share your link (in the description section) to this Creative Brief via the ‘Participate’ button
- 4) If chosen as a Selected Creator or Finalist, you will be asked to submit your AR effect for approval
Brief theme: 3D objects in the wild – we want to see how you bring 3D objects into the surrounding environment – think: animals, people, sculptures and geometric shapes, take your imagination to a whole new level.
Awards:- Up to 40 x AR Effects will be chosen as Selected Creators, receiving $2,000 each. An additional 5 x Finalists will be chosen and receive a grant of $1,000 each. Creators should have experience in AR.