Creating the multi-purpose maritime platform of the future – help to design its innovative services
Do you dream of taking part in cutting-edge national projects in the maritime sector that feature a major innovative aspect? Are you passionate about applying the latest digital technology to the marine world? Is protecting the marine environment and its biodiversity something you value? Do you think that successfully achieving energy transition is a key challenge ?
Then RTE and the CUD need you! By 2025, a offshore wind farm of between 400 and 600 MW will be installed off Dunkirk. RTE, French manager of the Réseau de Transport d’Électricité, will be in charge of the electrical connection of this wind farm, including the design, implementation and operation of its first offshore electrical platform, whose primary purpose will be to transform the electricity produced by wind turbines at sea, and connect it to the national terrestrial electrical network. RTE and the CUD are launching a challenge of open innovation to find other uses for this electric platform serving the territory. This exploratory observation aims to find possible ways innovate through the electric platform, serving the territories and many various of the sea.
How can new services be developed and showcased through the new maritime platform?
The winning company will sign a partnership agreement with RTE for the development and testing of a prototype, intended primarily for the Dunkirk platform.
This partnership will result in both human (involvement of an agent of RTE in studies) and financial contributions (up to € 20,000).
This RTE / CUD / Company agreement involves :
- To ensure a presence on Dunkirk once a month for a minimum period of 18 months
- Technical and methodological support by RTE and CUD experts
- Participation in a monthly project monitoring committee
- Possibility of accommodation for the laureates (accommodation at the CUD in Dunkirk)
- Provision of technical data relating to the platform Mobilization of expertise (financial, legal, technological, etc.) according to the needs of the project
- Mobilization of expertise (financial, legal, technological, etc.) according to the needs of the project