Social cover art: It’s the big banner that immediately greets visitors to your social page. It says, “This is who I am and what I am all about.” Which is exactly why we want to feature fresh graphic designs from the Tongal community on our social channels. Because creators like YOU are what Tongal is all about.
The goal of this project is to highlight the incredible design and illustration talents of Tongal creators by featuring one community member’s original artwork as cover art each month across Tongal’s social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. All mediums and all styles welcome.
This Month’s Theme: We’d like you to represent the playful, imaginative, and inventive world of being a Tongal creator inspired by the theme Creators at Play. Tongalers span many creative disciplines, from video production to podcasting to ideation to animation to motion design and editing, and your design ought to incorporate elements that will speak specifically to those creators or the act of being creative in some way. This time, we’re also challenging you to play within a defined color palette (which you can access under the Assets Tab below). You MUST use the given colors within your design, although you do not have to use them all.
To be considered, designers should create and submit one sample design for Twitter (1500×500, JPG or PNG). Should you get the greenlight, you may be asked to make reasonable revisions to your design before creating versions for all the remaining intended channels. Check out our gallery of past greenlit social cover art to get inspired!
- Designs submitted this month MUST adhere to the ‘Creators at Play’ theme.
- Designs submitted this month MUST utilize the color palette given in the Assets Tab. However, you don’t need to use all the colors, and you may add texture, shading, etc. to the colors given.
- Designs MUST incorporate the Tongal logo (which you may access here). How that happens is entirely up to your imagination. We are open to both subtle and bold approaches as to how you utilize the logo.
- No matter how you incorporate it, the Tongal logo must be legible to the viewer.
- Designs should incorporate one or more elements that speak to our target audience of Tongal creators and the work they create on the Tongal platform.
- The brand colors of the Tongal logo must not be altered. Please think about how your design can complement whichever iteration of the logo you choose.
- AVOID text or type that isn’t related to the T-O-N-G-A-L of the Tongal logo.
- All work MUST be original, and should NOT include or reference any other existing IP. Any persons, places or things rendered should be of the artist’s own creation and should not be referential of other existing properties.
- Greenlit designs MUST include a creator credit in the following format, so consider including it in your sample Design as part of your pitch: “DESIGN TITLE” ART BY YOUR NAME (any font is acceptable, but if you’re stumped, go with Open Sans or another sans serif font).
Submissions in this ‘Always On’ project will be reviewed on a monthly basis, so there will be lots of opportunities to be featured throughout the year. Go ahead and knock our socks off!
Awards:- $250 Only
Take this challenge