We want to see great films – it doesn’t matter what your budget is or what genre you’re working in. The competition is open to anyone from anywhere in the world, and entry is absolutely free – but there is ONE simple rule:
Your film MUST be 90 seconds or less in duration.
If your films are longer than 90 seconds, you can still enter a film to Encounters Film Festival by June 14th 2021.
Entries for Depict 2021 are through Film Freeway – the international film submission platform used by over 7,000 of the world’s best film festivals and contests, including 70 Academy Award / BAFTA Award accredited festivals. Entries are free.
- Must be 90 seconds or under
- Must be completed after January 2020
All shortlisted films get:
- Film exposure and promotion through depict.org, at Encounters Film Festival and through associated partners
- An Encounters Festival Network Delegates pass with all the trimmings, including tickets to the popular Depict Showcase and the prestigious Encounters Awards Ceremony
- Half price Shooting People membership for the shortlisted filmmakers
Main DepicT! 2021 Award
£1500 cash + Lifetime membership to Shooting People
Supported by The Royal Photographic Society and Aardman Animations.
DepicT! Royal Photographic Society Cinematography Award
Supported by The Royal Photographic Society
DepicT! 2021 British Award
A special package of support which will both promote the winning 90-second film and further develop the filmmaker’s skills including:
- A tailored package of industry support from BAFTA, including a mentoring session and 6 month’s free access to BAFTA’s Learning & Events programme
- Access to some key BAFTA events
- A place on a short course at the National Film and Television School in 2019, subject to availability
- Exposure on the BFI NETWORK industry platform, a one to one with Head of BFI NETWORK Jessica Loveland and a discounted pass to the BFI London Film Festival
- Lifetime membership to Shooting People
- Note: It’s a great opportunity but be aware that it does require some commitment on your part. For teams of filmmakers, note that unfortunately, we can only offer the full package of support outlined above for one of the filmmakers involved in your film