The Green Product Award opened the 7th competition, seeking for innovative and sustainable “Future Village”products and services for 2020.
This year, manufacturers, design studios & agencies are invited to submit their solutions on the “Future Village” theme. The award submissions design the sustainable house of the future, where eco-friendly living and working is made tangible — in the categories architecture, bathroom, electronics, fashion, kids, consumer goods, kitchen, material, mobility, outdoor, office, living & freestyle.
The winners of the Green Product Award as well as the participants who are admitted to the Green Selection will receive a comprehensive service package.
The winners will be evaluated and determined based on the following criteria:
- General criteria:
- Approach — originality, reproducibility and credibility
- Elaboration — complexity of the analysis, the quality of the preparation and the way of implementation
- Impact — the potential for change in environment, behaviour and production conditions
- Subject-specific criteria:
- Design — about the design as an overall approach considering: aesthetics, user-friendly functionality, economic and ecological constructions, possibly the interaction of product and packaging
- Innovation — whether a problem / need (better) is solved, the scale of what is new and how relevant it is
- Sustainability — material use and production conditions
The international Green Product Award offers a platform for established companies, start-ups and students who are distinguished by their products and services in terms of design, innovation and sustainability and who want to present themselves on the German market.
Since 2013, participants from 40 countries have applied for the award. The awards are given in 13 categories separately for companies and start-ups. In addition, the Green Concept Award – in cooperation with the IKEA Foundation – is dedicated to the concepts that lead to a green future.
There are three submission phases. Early Bird, Cool Bird and Regular Bird and different fees for each phase.
Awards:- Green Product Award
- Early Bird
- Company: 100 Euro
- Start-ups: 50 Euro
- Students: Free
- Cool Bird
- Company: 200 Euro
- Start-ups: 100 Euro
- Students: 50 Euro
- Regular Bird
- Company: 300 Euro
- Start-ups: 150 Euro
- Students: 90 Euro