The Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive MicroMasters program will introduce you to leadership frameworks and prepare you to manage the complex issues in public health, healthcare systems, and related industries.
Health systems around the world are confronting ever-rising costs, poor outcomes and economic inefficiencies. In addition, life expectancy is increasing and people are remaining active longer. The need for strong administration is great, which is why employment of Healthcare Administrators is projected to grow 17 percent from 2016 to 2026. You will learn the skills required to prevent and address human disease through the use of lifestyle medicine and population-based healthcare delivery models that engage the individual, community and the larger society.
You will also examine how an emphasis on the value of services rendered in clinical care and public health practices, as opposed to volume, is the desired goal of healthcare delivery.
This program will provide learners with the knowledge required to analyze and stratify populations as well as analyze and implement lifestyle medicine based solutions at the individual, group and population levels. Learners will also earn a solid foundational understanding of how the U.S. healthcare system operates and how to navigate it.
Any health professional looking to show employers a distinctive skill set and credential will find value in this program.
This CLME MicroMasters program signals to prospective employers:
- You have attained a high level of management education
- You have core competencies in key leadership areas
- You have superior communication skills
Upon successful completion, this graduate-level, credit-eligible program will also allow the learner the opportunity to apply 9 credit hours towards the Doane University online MBA program.
- Assess how to lead healthcare organizations in a complex and changing system.
- Develop in others the knowledge and skills needed to devise programs to prevent and manage chronic disease using population based healthcare delivery interventions that engage the individual and the community.
- Evaluate the value of new healthcare delivery systems and interventions on the basis of quality, safety, efficiency and cost effectiveness using accumulated data.
- Evaluate health policy as it applies to industry economics, needs demands and quality of care.
- Apply advocacy skills including quality of care, patients-rights, cultural competency and preventative care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of healthcare system providers, financing, consumerism, past and future trends and regulatory and legal framework.
- Apply leadership frameworks, skills and functions of management in planning, organizing leadership and systems control.
Courses In DOANEX MicroMasters Program in Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive
- Healthcare Finance, Economics and Risk
Gain the knowledge of financial systems needed to be a leader or administrator in the healthcare industry and how they impact strategic planning, quality assurance and risk management initiatives.
- Essentials of Lifestyle Medicine and Population Health
Define the essential components of healthcare systems, and make the argument for why healthcare delivery models based on these foundational principles are essential to addressing our healthcare crisis.
- Population Health: Disease Prevention and Management
Identify key socio-economic and cultural determinants of population health outcomes, analyze the impact of socio-cultural factors on access to health care and adjust health promotions and interventions accordingly.
- U.S. Healthcare Systems
Examine the structure and delivery of the U.S. healthcare system and its impact on population health outcomes, and comparative analysis.
- Health Informatics Technology in Population Healthcare Analytics
Explore health informatics solutions that answer population health challenges.
- Principles of Health Law and Regulatory Issues
Identify key health law and regulatory principles.
- Fundamentals of Advocacy in Health Policy
Examine a variety of methods of advocacy and discover how health policies are developed, adopted and implemented.
- Leading Organizational Change in Healthcare
Learn how to apply change management processes within a healthcare organization.
- Applying Leadership and Strategy Fundamentals in Healthcare
Develop a personal leadership style while acquiring strategies for individual and team development.
- Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive Comprehensive Exam
Earn the DoaneX MicroMasters certificate and demonstrate the knowledge and skills you acquired in the Certified Lifestyle Medicine ExecutiveMicroMasters programby completing this capstone exam.
Certificate & Credit pathway for DOANEX MicroMasters Program in Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Learners who successfully complete the Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive MicroMasters program may then apply to enroll in Doane University’s Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) program. If accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will account for 9 credits out of the total of 30 credits for the full MBA degree.
The MBA program may be completed fully online and at the very affordable price of approximately $10,500. (This does not include the cost of the MicroMasters program verified certificate).
- The Healthcare Industries’ need for Healthcare Administrators has an average yearly growth of 17% and career opportunities for highly trained Healthcare Administrators continue to rise. (source: www.bls.gov)
- Career opportunities in healthcare for advancement as CEOs, directors, managers, public health and healthcare industry leaders.
- Medical and Health Services Managers median salary in 2016 was $96,540 per year (source: www.bls.gov).
Duration:- 7 months 5 – 10 hours per week
Cost:- $ 1342