DONAEX MicroMasters Program consists of 7 courses and a capstone. After completing, you can also apply to Doane University to complete your MBA online for approximately $10,500 (more details below).
The demand for skilled Healthcare Administrators is projected to grow 17 percent between 2016 and 2026,
The Healthcare Administration MicroMasters program will introduce learners to management and leadership frameworks, theories and case studies specific to healthcare organizations. It will also prepare students with the skills to manage the complex issues inherent in healthcare systems and lead in the public health sector.
Learners will examine a variety of evidence-based methods to advocate for patients, families, and communities, as well as within healthcare organizations. They will also explore financial management techniques — preparing budgets, developing financial forecasts, assessing investment alternatives, and leveraging capital structures all within the context of healthcare organizations — and explore the healthcare system’s economic environment by taking on managerial roles.
Learners will also gain foundational understanding for the role of information technology in the healthcare field, developing familiarity with information systems designed to mitigate data loss, create consistent care, and offer research solutions. Whether students are working in entry-level positions or have a roles as healthcare executives, the Healthcare Administration program will provide the path.
- How to use management and leadership frameworks, theories, and case studies to address complex issues for healthcare professionals in healthcare organizations.
- Evidence-based methods for planning, organizing, leading, and advocating for patients, families and communities in the public health sector.
- How to manage the economic environment in healthcare
- Financial management techniques to prepare budgets, financial forecasts, assess investment alternatives, and leverage capital structures within healthcare organizations.
- Evaluate the value of new healthcare delivery systems and interventions on the basis of quality, safety, efficiency and cost-effectiveness using accumulated data.
- Evaluate health policy as it applies to industry economics, needs demands and quality of care.
- Apply advocacy skills including quality of patient care, patients-rights, cultural competency and preventative care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of healthcare system providers, financing, consumerism, past and future trends and regulatory and legal framework.
- Apply leadership frameworks, skills and functions of management in planning, organizing leadership and systems control.
Courses In DONAEX MicroMasters Program in Healthcare Administration
- Healthcare Organization and Delivery Models
Learn how the structure and delivery of healthcare systems can greatly impact health outcomes.
- Health Informatics and Technology in Decision Making
Leaders in a healthcare environment are faced withdecisions and challenges every day that can affect public health. Learn about health informatics solutions, powerful tools in managing datato makeevidence-baseddecisions.
- Healthcare Finance, Economics and Risk
Gain the knowledge of financial systems needed to be a leader or administrator in the healthcare industry and how they impact strategic planning, quality assurance and risk management initiatives.
- Health Law, Policy, and Advocacy
Explore important issues in health law. Discover how health policies are developed, adopted and implemented, as well as the factors that influence this process.
- Vulnerable Populations
Explore the ethics behind global approaches to the care of diverse vulnerable populations in order to provide comprehensive care to all populations within a healthcare system.
- Organizational Culture and Change in Healthcare
Learn social, behavioral, and organizational science methods for driving organizational change in the healthcare industry.
- Strategic Leadership in Healthcare
Develop your own leadership style, while also coaching and mentoring teams to promote individual growth and improve organizational outcomes.
- Healthcare Administration Comprehensive Exam
Take the Comprehensive Exam and demonstrate the knowledge and skills acquired in the Healthcare Administration MicroMasters program to earn the DoaneX MicroMasters credential.
Certificate & Credit pathway for DONAEX MicroMasters Program in Healthcare Administration
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Learners who successfully complete the MicroMasters program in Healthcare Administration may then apply for enrollment in Doane University’s Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) program.. If accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will account for 9 credit hours out of the total of 30 credits for the full MBA degree.
The MBA program may be completed fully online and at the very affordable price of approximately $10,500. (This does not include the cost of the MicroMasters program verified certificate).
- Healthcare Administration will allow learners to navigate and advance within a variety of healthcare settings.
- The Healthcare Industries’ need for Healthcare Administrators has an average yearly job growth of 17% and career opportunities for those with some kind of healthcare administration degree continue to rise. (source: www.bls.gov)
- A successful Healthcare Administrator possesses analytical, communication, interpersonal, leadership and technical skills, and is detail-oriented. Healthcare leadership is a critical aspect of future growth in the health sciences field.
- Career opportunities in healthcare for advancement as directors, managers, public health and healthcare industry leaders.
- Medical and Health Services Managers median salary in 2016 was $96,540 per year (source: www.bls.gov)
Duration:- 7 months 5 – 10 hours per week
Cost:- $ 1254