In partnership with PepsiCo, the Young Americas Business Trust (YABT) announced this year the Eco-Challenge 11.0 edition, Sustainability Awards, focusing on building a world in which the packaging never becomes waste, through reducing, recycling and reinventing. This partnership, entering the 11th year, has provided immense opportunities for entrepreneurs to develop and share their ideas and sustainable solutions for their communities and countries.
The Eco Challenge 11.0 is a special sustainability award category within TIC Americas that will support a new approach to economic development with a sustainable plastic vision, where waste and pollution are designed out, products and materials are kept in use, and natural systems are regenerated, contributing to the future of sustainability in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Eco-Challenge 11.0 will focus on identifying scalable and sustainable solutions that will allow us to go beyond Plastics’ use and to build a world where they will not become waste by reducing, recycling, and reinventing.
The new categories presented for Eco-Challenge 11.0 include:
- Beyond the Bottle and the Bag,
- Recycling and Post Consumer use of BOPP, and
- Caribbean Innovation Eco-Challenge.
Multinational Teams may compete. Multinational Teams are the ones that consist of more than one nationality eligible in the competition. The team will be registered with the country of nationality or country of permanent residence of the CEO or Startup.
- Finalist Teams will make their “pitch” to a judging Committee, following the Finals Presentation Structure of the Competition. Finalists also have the opportunity to showcase and promote their product or service at international events within the framework of activities of the YABT/OAS.
- Finalist teams will receive a full scholarship for one team member to take part in the finals of TIC Americas/Eco-challenge. The scholarship includes a round-trip flight ticket, travel insurance, hotel accommodation, full meals, and local transportation.
- Finalists will also have access to, training, mentorships, and networking sessions with YABT’s partners, which include multinational and government representatives, international media, investors and a wide network of entrepreneurs in the Western Hemisphere.