Sciences Po created the Emile Boutmy scholarship, named after the founder of Sciences Po (1871), in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union. The Emile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top students whose profiles match the admissions priorities of Sciences Po and individual course requirements.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be, first time applicants, from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union, and who have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s programme.
Students who are not eligible are:
- Swiss and Norwegian applicants, since they may be entitled to CROUS scholarships
- Candidates who have dual citizenship, including an EU citizenship
- Candidates from Quebec for master’s degree (since they may take advantage of sliding scale fees same as European applicants). Candidates from Quebec for a bachelor’s degree are eligible
- Master’s level dual-degree candidates. Only applicants for the following dual degrees are eligible:
- the dual degree in Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Fudan University with the concentration Europe-Asia in Global Affairs (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Peking University (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- Ph.D. programme students (thesis)
- Candidates for the 1 year Master’s programmes
- Bachelor dual degree candidates (unless as part of a specific agreement)
- Exchange students
- Candidates applying via the French graduate admission procedure
- Candidates can not cumulate their applications for the joint scholarship with CSC and the Emile Boutmy Simple Scholarship.
The Emile Boutmy scholarship may not be combined with other scholarship (Eiffel scholarship, AEFE scholarship, BGF…), unless otherwise decided by the jury.
This scholarship is awarded based on merit and according to the type of profile sought for this programme. Social criteria are also taken into account.
This scholarship is not automatically awarded: candidates must indicate their wish to apply directly in their online bachelor or master’s application form.
A. For undergraduate college students, The Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po Paris can take completely different kinds:
- A tuition grant of €7,300 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme, along with a grant to cowl a part of the price of residing of €5000 per year;
- A tuition grant of €7,300 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme;
- A tuition grant of €5,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme;
- A tuition grant of €3,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
On an distinctive foundation, a scholarship of 19,000€ could also be granted to cowl the three years of School. Scholarship quantities are determined throughout the completely different admission juries.
Throughout the year overseas (third year of the undergraduate programme): scholarship recipients will retain their tuition charge grant and extra value of residing grant (if relevant).
B. For Masters college students, The Emile-Boutmy programme can take two completely different kinds:
- A grant of €10,000 per year to cowl tuition charges for the 2 years of the Masters;
- A tuition grant of €5,000 per year for the 2 years of the Masters.
You probably have been granted for a scholarship and also you resolve to defer your admission, your scholarship will likely be misplaced.