The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Awards are designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering.
Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, a stipend of $37,000 each year, and up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
While open to students in any year of PhD study, a heavy emphasis on research and publication record for Facebook Fellowships favor students who are further along in their course of study. First or second year PhD students who are members of a minority group that is underrepresented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an emerging scholar award.
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years)
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to present research
- Opportunity for a paid internship at Facebook