New packaging design contest on Desall.com: FILA invites you to propose a new graphic and packaging design project for two new perfumes dedicated to the FILA Fashion and FILA Sport lines.
FILA was born at the beginning of the Seventies as a sporting brand and until the Nineties it remained a benchmark brand for people looking for high-performance and professional sporting apparel.
In 2016 the new owners decided to relaunch the FILA brand, riding the heritage fashion wave inside the premium fashion and defining two major souls for the brand that continue to exist today, the Sport and the Fashion souls.
Start creating your inspiration wall using the Inspiration tab and get inspired by the hints of other creatives!
FILA is looking for new concepts for the packaging and the graphics of two new perfumes, man/woman or unisex, customised for the FILA Sport or FILA Fashion lines, interpreting the brand values with a unique and disruptive project.
For the correct realisation of your proposals, keep into consideration the following guidelines:
Objective of the contest: you are invited to propose an innovative and disruptive concept for the graphics and the packaging of 2 FILA perfumes (1 man version + 1 woman version or 2 unisex versions), customised for one of the two brand souls, Sport or Fashion, with the aim of creating a graphic project capable of eliciting an emotional response in the consumer and of being highly recognisable on the shelves.
Project elements: you are invited to design the packaging, the graphics to be applied on the packaging and to customise the perfume cap and bottle:
• Design of the packaging: for a more practical producibility, the shape of the packaging shall be geometric and simple, preferably a parallelepipedon. The most characterising feature of the packaging might be the use of an innovative typology of opening, to offer a more rewarding and emotional user experience.
• Graphics of the packaging: the fundamental element for the customisation of the packaging is the graphics that will be applied on it, which shall be capable of eliciting an emotional response in the consumer and of being highly recognisable on the shelves. For more info about the style, please refer to the Style paragraph.
• Cap: you may customise the cap in the colour/graphics of the internal part. The shape will remain unchanged. Inside the Material files you will find the layout with details about the size of the cap.
• Bottle: you may customise the bottle through a label or more in general by applying some colouring/graphics to the entire bottle, without changing or modifying the design of the bottle itself. You are free to customise the bottle as you prefer, without necessarily maintaining its transparency. Inside the Material files you will find the layout with details about the bottle size.
Inside the Material files you will also find a .PSD template to use for presenting your proposal.
Style: in line with the brand values, your graphics shall have an eccentric and disruptive style, highly recognisable on the shelves and capable of drawing the attention of the consumers, thanks to its unique and explosive character. Your projects shall comply with the FILA brand identity in the apparel sector and may accordingly reflect its Sport or Fashion souls.
– FILA Sport: loyal to the origin of the brand, that relies on the values of performance, history, tradition, sport champions;
– FILA Fashion: it reminds of values of luxury, unicity, collaborations with big brands and celebrities, streetwear.
With the aim of creating truly unique and original solutions, you are free to suggest the graphic elements or subjects you prefer and to use the styles, the technique and the colour palette you like most, without necessarily re-proposing the typical brand colours (red, white and blue) and with the possibility for you to take a different direction from the style and design of the perfumes already launched on the market by the brand. At your discretion the possibility to reinterpret one or both lines, as long as your proposal includes at least two perfumes.
Logo: the FILA logo (attached as a vector file in the Material files ) shall be applied on the decoration of the bottle and on your packaging, but it shall not necessarily be a major or a characterising element of the graphic project. You may decide how to position and – if need be – how to customise the logo according to the line you opt for, FILA Fashion or FILA Sport. For more information about the use of the logo please refer to the brand book provided in the Material files.
Size: for the layout and the size of bottle and cap, please refer to the Material files. The packaging shall preferably have a parallelepiped shape and comply with the standard dimensions for this product typology.
Production technologies: the external packaging will be realised with paper and board and shall keep production costs low. At your discretion the possibility to propose finishes/surface post-processing for both the packaging and the various customisations.
Target: in general, the two perfumes will address a very wide public, man/woman aged 15-30 years. However, based on the line you choose, FILA Fashion or FILA Sport, the consumer might have different tastes and preferences.