Ranked 69th in the world in the QS World University Rankings® 2019, Georgia Institute of Technology is a science and technology research university based in Atlanta, Georgia. According to the QS World University Rankings by Subject, it ranks among the top 20 universities in the world for:
- Statistics and operational research (8th)
- Mechanical engineering (12th)
- Materials science (13th)
- Electrical and electronic engineering (14th)
- Engineering and technology (14th)
- Civil and structural engineering (14th)
OIE serves students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders with a hybrid approach that includes both virtual and in-person services. While most services are provided virtually, some matters require in-person meetings. When meeting in-person is required, an OIE staff member will contact you directly to schedule a mutually agreeable day and time for the meeting. OIE is respecting social distancing and cleaning protocols as described in “Tech Moving Forward”.
Thanks to generous alumni and friends of Georgia Tech, there are some scholarship/">scholarships available to international students. Please see this link below for details about eligibility requirements and amounts. Applications are submitted in istart.gatech.edu. The application will next be available and open for submissions in December 2020.
“NAFSA is the world’s largest nonprofit professional association dedicated to international education.” The NAFSA website provides tools to search for scholarship and funding for international students with non-immigrant visas. While you should conduct your own search of resources available from NAFSA’s website, please see the following two websites in regarding to financing an education in the U.S.
- Financial Aid for Undergraduate International Students
- Sources of Funding for for Post-Secondary Study in the United States
- International Financial Aid and College Scholarship Search
Additional resources to include in your search of funding for international students studying in the U.S.:
- American Association of University Women
- MacArthur Foundation
- Fulbright Program for Foreign Students
- International Peace Scholarship
- Chinese Scholarship Council
- King Faisal Foundation Scholarship Program
- Computer Science.Org Scholarships
Awards:- Scholarship amount varies by scholarship