With Georgia Tech MicroMasters Program in Analytics: Essential Tools and Methods Gain an interdisciplinary understanding of the essential fundamentals of analytics, including analysis methods, analytical tools, such as R, Python and SQL, and business applications.
Using common analytics software and tools, statistical and machine learning methods, and data-intensive computing and visualization techniques, learners will gain the experience necessary to integrate all of these parts for maximum impact.
Project experience is also included as part of the MicroMasters program. Through these projects, learners will hone their skills with data collection, storage, analysis, and visualization tools, as well as gain instincts for how and when each tool should be used.
These projects provide hands-on experience with real-world business applications of analytics and a deeper understanding of how to apply analytics skills to make the biggest difference.
- Use essential analytics tools like R, Python, SQL, and more.
- Understand fundamental models and methods of analytics, and how and when to apply them.
- Learn to build a data analysis pipeline, from collection and storage through analysis and interactive visualization.
- Apply your new analytics skills in a business context to maximize your impact.
Courses In Georgia Tech MicroMasters Program in Analytics: Essential Tools and Methods
- Introduction to Analytics Modeling
Learn essential analytics models and methods and how to appropriately apply them, using tools such as R, to retrieve desired insights.
- Computing for Data Analysis
A hands-on introduction to basic programming principles and practice relevant to modern data analysis, data mining, and machine learning.
- Data Analytics for Business
This course prepares students to understand business analytics and become leaders in these areas in business organizations.
Certificate & Credit pathway for Georgia Tech MicroMasters Program in Analytics: Essential Tools and Methods
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to several Master’s programs, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
The Analytics MicroMasters program is comprised of three foundational courses from Georgia Tech’s full, interdisciplinary Online Master of Science in Analytics (OMS Analytics) degree available for less than $10,000. The MicroMasters program can serve as a helpful introduction to the degree experience.
Anyone with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent may apply to the OMS Analytics program, but the successful completion of one or more of these MicroMasters courses can help your application stand out in the admissions process. If admitted, learners have the opportunity to apply up to 9 hours (3 courses) of the edX MicroMasters program certificate as advanced standing credit toward the total of 36 hours required for the degree.
To learn more about the OMS Analytics program sign up to receive updates from Georgia Tech or complete their Contact Us form.
- Projected shortage of 140,000-190,000 people with deep analytical skills and 1.5 million analytics-trained managers by 2018 (source: McKinsey Global Institute 2011)
- Increase of 4.4 million analytics jobs from 2013 to 2015, with a third unfilled due to lack of trained applicants (source: Gartner Inc. 2013)
- 97% of companies with revenues over $100 million use analytics (source: Bloomberg Business Week), but 42% of employers believe their employees don’t have the necessary analytics skills (source: Deloitte 2013)
- Career prospects for people with similar training include data scientist, data analyst, statistician, business analyst, consultant, research analyst, operations research analyst, analytics manager, modeling engineer (source: INFORMS Career Center)
Duration:- 1 year 9 – 11 hours per week
Cost:- $ 2475