Applications are open for the 2017 Curtis Scholarship. The Scholarship, conceived and funded by Global Citizen Ambassador and Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis through the Vitalogy Foundation, is an annual award to mentor and support Curtis Scholars. The Curtis Scholarship seeks to create, support, and equip a network of youth advocates and community leaders committed to local and global action.
The 2017 Curtis Scholarship is a year long mentorship program to support youth leaders who embody the values of global citizenship. Curtis Scholars will be invited to join an a 10 day experiential learning trip through South Africa and the Global Citizen Festival in NYC. Joined by members of the Global Citizen staff, the Curtis Scholars will tour through South Africa experiencing cultural sites and development programs focused on poverty alleviation and Global Citizen’s issue areas.
The learning trip includes:
- Monthly mentorship opportunities and advocacy toolkits
- Round trip airfare to South Africa (July 28- August 6) and New York (September 20-24)
- Global Citizen-led Orientation
- All trip-related meals
- Lodging and transportation
- Other out-of-pocket expenses (at the GC’s discretion)
- Passport fees and all travel costs associated with this trip