The competition is organised by the Korea Ceramic Foundation. The competition calls for the artworks that mirror the modern trends and point to the future of the ceramic arts. We welcome such artworks that redefine the essence of ceramics by exploring the spirit, values, forms ant techniques of the traditional ceramic art. We also welcome such artworks that attempt a reinterpretation of the values of the traditional ceramic art as well as innovative, expressive works that cross genres.
Artworks that use clay/ceramics as the main material or subject matter are eligible to be submitted.
There is no specific theme regarding entries to the competition.
• Grand Prize: KRW 50,000,000 (approx. 43,000 USD)
• Gold Prize: KRW 20,000,000
• Silver Prize: KRW 10,000,000
• Bronze Prize: KRW 6,000,000
• Special Prize: KRW 2,000,000
• Viewer’s Choice: KRW 2,000,000
The Grand Prize Winner will be invited to solo exibition during the Gyeonggi International Ceramic Biennale 2019.